Your dental practice is important to us. Martin, Bircher, Thompson, PC is committed to giving you timely, accurate financial information and the highest-quality personalized service to help you succeed. We emphasize open communication and are here to answer any questions you might have while on your financial journey.
Feel safe knowing that your financial information is secure with us, because we handle everything with strict confidentiality under the high standards of the accounting profession.
Our goal is to equip you for success in operating your dental practice.
We are here to:
- Provide you with a solid foundation of proven management and operational tools.
- Provide training for you and your staff in best management practices.
- Tailor our services to fit the needs of your practice.
- Offer support to assist you in managing your practice according to your own philosophies and values.
Tax Return Preparation & Tax Planning
One of the services we provide to dental professionals is tax preparation and planning. Let us prepare your year-end personal or corporate income tax returns and work with you to plan for the future. Tax planning can help you prepare for future tax obligations and avoid obstacles that could halt your dental practice’s financial success.
The process begins with our tax experts reviewing your accounting reports from throughout the year. We then project your liabilities based on factors including prior year results, practice trends, and other major financial events in your practice. This is a service we offer one to three times per year on average.
Your dental practice operations can run more smoothly on a day-to-day basis with well-organized financial records. To help achieve that success, we are available to:
- Prepare and review transactions from credit cards and bank statements to make sure everything is accounted for.
Reconcile all receipts posted to the billing system.
- Prepare financial entries to allocate and organize revenue and expenses by department, location, and dentist.
- Organize payroll and reconcile reports.
- Make general ledger adjustments to take into account depreciable assets and expenses, as well as amortization and other necessary items.
- Create a general review of transactions to support consistent organization and reporting.
- Review all state excise tax reports, reconcile receipts to QuickBooks®, and help make sure that taxes are paid and reported.
Financial Statement Preparation (Compilation Reports)
Compilation reports that management can present the business’s financial information and statements accurately and coherently. Martin, Bircher, Thompson, PC can help prepare your compilation report on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis, depending on your dental practice’s specific needs.
Effective and successful business accounting depends on smart bookkeeping — and we are here to help.
Our firm offers certain bookkeeping services so your practice can make the required filings and have a good set of accounting records each day. We provide you with just the right amount of assistance to meet your needs and manage your practice.
Our full bookkeeping services include:
- Bank and credit card account reconciliation
- State and city excise returns
- Preparing annual compliance requirements (Forms 1099, Personal Property Affidavits, Unclaimed Property Reports, etc.)
- Other routine bookkeeping tasks mutually agreed on
We are also happy to provide training to better equip you or your staff with the bookkeeping knowledge needed to maintain an efficient business accounting system.
We specialize in a variety of consulting and compliance services to help your business stay on the right path financially.
Here are some of our focuses:
- Dental practice transition
- Accounting system setup and training
- Compensation services and bonus programs
- Office procedures / internal controls
- Financial policy consulting
- Practice planning meetings
- Hygiene department efficiency
- Office culture
- Key factor analysis
- Key factor report
- Associate dentist planning
- Retirement plan evaluation
We provide webinars for dentists and dental office managers to educate you and your staff on key management issues and best management practices. Webinars cover topics such as how to prepare key factor reports, internal controls, and special rules and operating procedures unique to each practice. Our live webinars are available to a larger number of participants, to provide maximum learning opportunities. Check back for our upcoming webinars.
Annual dental survey
We conduct an annual survey of dentists and distribute the results to all of our dental clients. The survey results will help you evaluate your compensation packages as well as the financial condition of your practice.