At Martin, Bircher, Thompson, PC, our goal is to equip healthcare professionals for success in operating their medical practice.
We are here to:
- Provide you with a solid foundation of proven management and operational tools.
- Provide training for you and your staff in best management practices.
- Tailor our services to fit the needs of your practice.
- Offer support to assist you in managing your practice according to your own philosophies and values.
Our firm is committed to giving you timely, accurate financial information and the highest-quality personalized service. We place a high value on open communication and being accessible to answer your questions at any point along the way.
You can be assured that Martin, Bircher, Thompson, PC will handle your financial information with strict confidentiality under the high standards of the accounting profession.
Tax Return Preparation & Tax Planning
We will prepare the appropriate year-end personal or corporate income tax returns and also discuss tax planning. Tax planning helps ensure that you anticipate your tax obligations, avoid unpleasant surprises, and take advantage of all opportunities to minimize your overall tax liability.
This process begins with a review of your accounting reports from selected periods throughout the year, and then project your overall tax liabilities for the year based on significant assumptions and/or events such as prior year results, practice trends, a major equipment purchase, or the hiring of an associate.
Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. To this end, we are available to:
- Prepare or review bank and credit card reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accounted for.
- Prepare reconciliation of cash receipts per the general ledger to cash receipts posted to the billing system.
- Prepare entries to record and allocate revenue by department/location/physician, etc.
- Record payroll entries and reconcile to payroll service reports.
- Adjust general ledger for depreciable assets and depreciation expense, notes payable, amortization and other items as deemed necessary.
- Make any additional adjusting entries as required to provide a materially correct trial balance, including general review of transactions posted to ensure consistent classification and proper reporting.
- Prepare or review state excise tax reports and reconcile gross receipts to QuickBooks® and ensure sales tax (or use tax) is being paid and reported where applicable for purchases made.
Financial Statement Preparation (Compilation Reports)
The purpose of a compilation report is to assist management in presenting financial information in the form of financial statements. We can prepare your compilation report on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
One common financial report is the schedule to calculate physician compensation/draws based on agreed-upon documented income and expense allocations.
Bookkeeping is an essential task of any business and is the foundation of effective and efficient business accounting.
Our firm can help to assure your practice has a good set of accounting records on a day-to-day basis in order to make required filings efficient and to provide you with records that will help manage your practice. We provide you with just the right amount of assistance to meet your needs.
Our full bookkeeping services include:
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts
- Filing state and city excise returns
- Assisting with preparation of other annual compliance requirements, such as Forms 1099, Personal Property Affidavits, and Unclaimed Property Reports
- Assisting with other routine bookkeeping tasks as mutually agreed upon
We specialize in a variety of consulting and compliance services to ensure your business is on the right path financially.
Here are some of our focuses:
- Accounting System Setup and Training
- Buy-In/Buy-Out Consulting
- Physician Compensation Reports
- Compensation Formula Consulting
- Associate Pay Calculations
- Practice Planning Meetings
- Startup Services
- Key Management Report Design and Practice Benchmarking
- Office Procedures / Internal Controls
- Retirement Plan Evaluation and Setup
- Office Culture